Ariana Georgallis is a banking finance lawyer who advises on a broad range of international debt finance and cross-border transactions. She mainly works on loan and security documentation in relation to secured facilities, unsecured facilities and other banking products.
Ariana has worked with major international first-class banks and financial institutions based in Europe, the United States, China, Korea and Australia and has advised on several syndicated, bilateral and revolving facilities and on re-financings or restructurings of problem loans. She also has extensive experience in advising international banks and shipowning companies in shipping finance transactions.
For a number of years, she was a guest lecturer at one of Cyprus’s most recognised universities, teaching anti-discrimination laws and policies to Human Resources postgraduates.
Ariana's recent experience includes:
- Advising Alpha Bank A.E. and a syndicate of banks on Cyprus law matters relating to a €30 million wind park financing extended to Aioliki Energeiaki Achladotopos Anonimi Eteria.
- Acting as counsel in the bid offer and subsequent acquisition of the stake in Vedanta Resources Plc, the largest mining and non-ferrous metals company in India, listed on the London Stock Exchange and part of the group which is known to be the world's largest producer of platinum.
- Acting as lenders’ counsel in a US$354 million cross-border financing provided to one of Singapore’s largest mobile and fixed communications providers.
- Advising a US trust for the purposes of financing the acquisition of an NPL portfolio from one of Cyprus’ leading banks.
- Acting as lenders’ counsel to a bank syndicate in a €136 million restructuring involving a listed company that's one of the leading pioneers in metallurgy in Europe.